Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Christmas Countdown Village

When I saw the cover project from the latest issue of Quilting Arts Gifts Magazine, I knew I had to make these little houses. They are designed to hang on the tree or on a garland, and the idea is the fill the back pockets with treats, messages and trinkets to discover each day in December before Christmas. I just love the way they look hanging together.

Designing the roofs, windows and doors was fun, and suprizingly I enjoyed sewing the blanket stitch numbers for the back pockets. If I did them again, I would used fusible web on the back of the doors and windows to control raveling.

Christmas countdown villageIMG_2299

5 comments:

  1. These are adorable! Love the colors and the lively look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely Susan! Your daughter is going to love them. Do you mind if I post your picture on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea, they are adorable....hey...have you seen Tracy's pillow and lastest quilt??? They are both gorgeous.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I just made a few of these this afternoon as tree ornaments, using printed fabric instead of muslim, they came out only OK, not as sharp I think as the original model...; You did a fabulous job on yours! going to poke around on your other posts, it's my first time here...=) happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete